My cousin Gabe has always been very coordinated when it comes to playing with things like bats and balls. This, however, is not my strength. I don't know if it's the age difference (he's 7 months older) or the gender difference, or maybe it's just not my thing. Mommy and Daddy have tried to help me learn to catch a ball. Daddy will toss it and Mommy will help me catch it. We'll do this a few times, and it always goes great. Then, Mommy will step back and let me try on my own. Daddy tosses the ball, I don't even pretend to want to catch it. My hands stay by my sides and the ball hits me in the chest (a soft ball, thank goodness). We all get a good chuckle out of it, and then read some books ( much more my speed). Anyways, the other night, Gabe was playing baseball, and I decided I wanted to try. Nana knew I might need some help. Here we are playing ball!
Well, we actually hit it! Why does Nana look so tickled? Well, when we hit the ball, it hit poor Gabe right between the eyes (a very soft ball, no tears:) Like I said, this is not my thing!
After that incident I decided it was much safer for everyone if I just sat on the bench with Papa and played!
No comments:
Post a Comment